Thursday, July 1, 2010

connect tha dots...

From july archive

went to see the physical therapist today and wow did i learn a lot about my legs, how all the muscles, bones, etc work together to keep things aligned and what happens when the IT band is prevented from working the way it should. i found out i have 9 little restrictions (places where the IT band is connected to the muscle which it shouldnt be) on my left leg and 5 big restrictions on my right let including one near my hip. all of the restrictions are on the thigh side of my IT band though, dont have any on the hamstring side the therapist says that he thinks the one near my hip is the one that is causing the most problems for my knee. i have PT homework - foam roll rolling on my legs - to do before my next PT session next wednesday....all of its going to be very very painful, but hopefully itll help in the end. The pic is of all the dots up my left leg...each dot represents a restriction...fun huh?

oh, and happy first day of july!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment